Community Group Homework
For the week of March 19, 2017
1. Spring is here! What’s the best thing about spring?
2. Did you fill out a March Madness bracket? If so, how many teams do you have left in the tournament?
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
TALK ABOUT IT
Last week we said that, “Jesus is better experienced than explained.” That’s what telling your story is all about. It’s letting someone else know about your personal experience as a Christian.
– Are you a story teller or more of a facts and information kind of person?
– Did someone’s story have an impact on your decision to become a Christian? If so, what was it about their story that influenced you?
– What are some ways telling your story of faith can make a difference in someone else’s life?
In Acts 26, Paul tells his story to a king named Agrippa and a governor named Festus. Have someone from your group read Acts 26:4-11.
– What are some of the things that Paul told Agrippa about his life before he became a Christian?
– Which thing that Paul said about his life do you relate to the most?
– What are a couple words or phrases that describe you before you became a Christian?
Have someone read Acts 9:3-18.
– Paul’s conversion experience is pretty unique. Why do you think Christ chose to reveal Himself to Paul the way He did?
– What took place in your life to cause you to put your trust in Christ? Was your conversion more of a moment or a process?
Have someone read Philippians 3:4-12.
– How does Paul describe his life AFTER he became a Christian? What are some of the things that he says about himself?
– How is Paul’s life different after his conversion different than his life before his conversion?
– What is a way that your life is different as a result of becoming a Christian?
WRAPPING IT UP
On Sunday we mentioned three tips for preparing to tell your story: Write it out, make it natural, and shoot for short. Is there a time this week that you can sit down and write out your story? Who could you share it with that could help you to edit and improve your story?
Is there someone that God keeps bringing to mind that needs to hear your story?
Are there any needs that we can pray for tonight?